Saturday, September 6, 2008

First Post

Well, I've had a few friends strongly enourage me to start a blog. It's something I've wanted to do for a while, but between writing my Ph.D. thesis and everything else that life brings, I haven't found much time to blog. But since I moved to Germany about a week ago (Bethany will be joining me in a week and a half or so), I decided that this would be a great way to help us keep in touch with people. Oh yeah, in case we haven't had a chance to tell you yet, I have a job in Germany which came together at the last minute. It's a crazy story, so I'll reserve that topic for another forthcoming post. Since we got married over 3 years ago, we haven't kept in touch with people as much as we would like, and we apologize, but once we get settled in here, our plan is to change that. Shortly, I'll be posting my experiences in Germany and some of my impressions and experiences here.

So if you're ever wondering what we're up to, this is the place to look, unless we say otherwise. We may occasionally email people when we have updates and maybe I'll figure out how to set up an RSS feed for automatic email updates when we add something, but we'll be here as long as possible. We'll begin posting pictures from the past several years up on Picasa as well for viewing online. I'm working on reducing the file size of the images so that they don't take all day to download too.

In addition to providing personal updates, we want to prove an outlet and a forum to discuss thoughts and ideas. To most people, Bethany and I are about the most outside-the-box thinkers anyone has ever met. So if you're looking for fresh, new (or renewed, we hope), controversial perspectives on topics of faith, politics, health, society, life, etc. then grab a cup of coffee or a frosty mug of a quality microbrew, pull up a seat, read, comment, and discuss. Hmm. beer sounds like a great idea.... Ich habe ein Neumarkter Lammsbräu Dunkel. Organic German beer, brewed in accordance with the German purity laws for beer: Reinheitsgebot. Wow that's good.

Anyway, in my next post, I'll talk about how we think and why so that subsequent posts will have a context within which to be viewed and help you, the reader, understand where we're coming from, our paradigms of thought.

2 comments:

Nate said...

Hola!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm....microbrew....

Glad you're getting settled in, and glad you finally started a blog!!!